Competition Terms & Conditions
Waterpik September 2023 Social Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the Waterpik September 2023 Social Prize Draw ("Prize Draw"). By submitting an entry into the Prize Draw you agree to comply with these Terms and that you will be legally bound by these Terms from the time that you enter.
1. The promoter is: Church & Dwight UK Limited trading as Waterpik, whose registered office is Wear Bay Road, Folkestone, Kent CT19 6PG2 ("Promoter").
2. The Prize Draw is open to individuals who are:
a) UK residents;
b) Aged 18 years or over; and
c) Registered users of a valid Instagram account, at the time of entry into the Prize Draw.
3. The Prize Draw is not open to employees, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of the Promoter, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies or to their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or anyone else otherwise professionally connected with the Prize Draw.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize Draw. Entering this Prize Draw does not constitue any right to a prize.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any participant. The Promoter may require you to provide such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose before awarding you a prize.
6. Internet access, an Instagram account set to public (to permit direct messages from the Promoter) and an email address are required to enter the Prize Draw.
Opening and closing dates
7. The Prize Draw will begin on 26 September 2023 [HE1] at 18:00 PM UK time and close at 23:59 PM UK time on 11 October 2023 ("Prize Draw Period").
8. To enter the Prize Draw on Instagram, participants must:
a) Log into their Instagram account;
b) Respond to a "call to action" post about the Prize Draw, which will be posted on the Promoter's Instagram account (the "Post") by (i) 'liking' the Post; and (ii) tagging one (1) friend in the comment section.
c) Be following @waterpikuk on Instagram during the Prize Draw Period.
9. Multiple entries from the same person or the same Instagram account will not be accepted; there is a maximum of one (1) entry per person. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple Instagram accounts for the purpose of the Prize Draw. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
10. Entries must be completed correctly and be received by the Promoter during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible for the Prize Draw. All entries received outside the Prize Draw Period will not be included in the Prize Draw. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. Participants must ensure that their entry: a) complies with section 8 and 9 requirements; b) is their own original work and does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation in copyright, trade marks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or any other intellectual property rights); c) does not refer to or compare competitor products; d) is not defamatory or disparaging about the Promoter, its products or any other people, products or companies; e) does not include any brands, logos, trade marks or branded products (other than those relating to the Promoter); f) is not violent, obscene or offensive; g) does not depict illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or illegal; h) is responsible and does not damage the Promoter's reputation or place the Promoter in breach of advertising code rules; i) is not sexually explicit or suggestive; j) is in compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform where the entry is posted (i.e. Instagram, Facebook or TikTok) and all applicable laws, regulations and code rules (and would not place the Promoter in breach of any such rules, policies, terms of service or applicable laws, regulations and codes; k) is otherwise suitable for presentation in a public forum.
12. Entries which, in the Promoter's opinion may be deemed offensive, discriminatory, inappropriate, defamatory or which are unlawful or in breach of these Terms will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
13. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion require any participant to alter or remove any content posted on their own Instagram stories, feed or platform in connection with the Prize Draw.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour.
15. Entrants understand that they are acting at their sole risk and that they are solely responsible for compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform they are using (i.e. Instagram).
16. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective (or which the Promoter cannot identify due to the participant's entry being removed or filtered from search or the suspension or termination of the participant's Instagram account will be disqualified.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entries' compliance with the Terms before awarding any prize.
19. If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Draw your request should be made in writing to the Promoter at Wear Bay Road, Folkestone, Kent CT19 6PG2.
20. The prize to be won (the ‘‘Prize’’) is the following: one (1) Waterpik Cordless Plus (£60.00).
21. The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered, except in the event of circumstances outside the Promoter's reasonable control, where the Promoter reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent or greater value. The Prizes are not transferable and are non-refundable.
Selection of the winner
22. One (1) winner will be chosen at random by software, from all valid and eligible entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents during the Prize Draw Period ("Winner").
23. The Winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram within 14 days of the closing date of the Prize Draw Period. This notification will ask the Winner to confirm their compliance with these Terms, and include instructions on how the Winner can claim the Prize. Participants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
24. The Promoter will deliver the Prize to the Winner by 31 October 2023 [HE2] via Royal Mail.[HE3]
25. The Winner’s name and county, and the Prize won will (unless a Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available 60 days after the closing date of the Prize Draw Period by emailing the following address: email@example.com
26. By entering into the Prize Draw, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may publish, use, edit, alter and duplicate the entry, including without limitation by reposting the entry.
27. The Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
28. Any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used in accordance with current UK data protection legislation, as set out in the Privacy Notice available at: [https://www.waterpik.co.uk/privacy-policy
29. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is subject to the social media platform owner's terms of service, which you must comply with.
30. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw should be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
31. Intentionally omitted.
32. Any decision of the Promoter (including without limitation as to those able to take part in the Prize Draw and selection of Winner) is final. No correspondence relating to the Prize Draw will be entered into.
33. The Promoter shall have the right, at any time, to change or modify these Terms in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so, and such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Prize Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
35. If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these conditions will take precedence.
36. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
37. The Promoter will award the Prize as described in these Terms, but the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, for the Winner's use of the Prize.
38. The Prize Draw and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and participants can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Prize Draw and these Terms in the English courts. Participants living in Scotland will also benefit from any mandatory provisions of Scottish law and can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Prize Draw and these Terms in either the Scottish or the English courts. Participants living in Northern Ireland will also benefit from any mandatory provisions of Northern Irish law and can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Prize Draw and these Terms in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
39. Subject to section 37, if the Promoter fails to comply with these Terms, it will be responsible for loss or damage participants suffer that is a foreseeable result of the Promoter’s breach of these Terms. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.